What Is Personal Health Insurance?
Personal health insurance products help lower your risk of being burdened by expenses for preventative care or medical bills as a result of an illness or accident. You may say, “well Manitoba Health covers me does it not?” While our provincial plan provides coverage for many of our health expenses that may occur, there are gaps that can have a signiﬁcant impact on your ﬁnances. For example, some things that you may have to pay for that aren’t covered by a provincial health plan:
- Prescription drugs
- Emergency medical services provided in another country
- Any wellness practitioners such as physiotherapists and chiropractors
- Medical equipment to assist with mobility
Who Should Consider Personal Health Insurance?
- Anyone who doesn’t have health beneﬁts through their employer
- Anyone who may be losing their group coverage soon
- Anyone who would like additional coverage above and beyond either what their employer’s plan offers or what the provincial health plan offers
If you think personal health insurance is for you, talk to our advisor today and we will help determine the best plan to suit your needs.