Insurance Products
Home InsuranceBusiness InsuranceAgriculture InsuranceLife InsuranceAuto InsuranceSpecialty Insurance
Help & support
Contact usMy insurance accountMake a claimResourcesInsurance GuidesPrivacy policy
About MIG Insurance
About usOur LocationsOur claims processAbout Buyer FriendlyOur blogCustomer experience
Connect with us

Seasonal Property & Cottage Insurance

Do you use your home away from home only seasonally or year-round? Do you rent it out to others? The coverage you need to protect your lifestyle at the lake really depends on how you use your place and the type of structures present.

Seasonal property insurance can be added to your home insurance policy or can be insured separately, depending on your situation. Protection for your cottage can include coverage for theft, vandalism, docks, wet boathouses and more. Types of dwellings covered include true seasonal cottages, lake homes, log homes, or even island locations.

Liability Coverage

Regardless of whether your property is used year-round or seasonally, liability coverage is important as accidents can happen anywhere, anytime. This will also cover you for any damage you may cause to a neighbour’s property.

Coverage for Cottage Contents

Be sure to cover all contents that remain permanently at this location. The items you continually tote back and forth week after week need to be covered on your primary home insurance.

Detached Private Structures

Again, depending on your property, you might want to buy additional coverage on structures. Coverage may be limited for outbuildings such as boathouses.


Let’s talk about the toys. Do you spend your day waiting for that big catch or do you prefer the action packed fun of water sports? Whatever floats your boat, let’s get it covered properly. Most seasonal property insurance policies will include coverage for small craft.

Seasonal Property Insurance that's simple, easy, and clear. Get a quote online today.