Renting a Place for Your Student

July 25, 2018

Do you have someone (or are you) going off to college or university this fall? If you are renting a place off campus, there is some important information you need to know about renters insurance.

  • ‍Living in campus housing – Most home insurance policies will have provision to cover student’s possessions while living in a campus dorm.  This can be limited often to a percentage of the total coverage for contents.
  • ‍Living off campus – If the plan is to rent an apartment, condo or house during the school year, your student should carry their own renter's insurance.

For as little as $20 per month, student renters insurance will cover costs of accidental damages to space or to others as well as all personal property, which can add up fast! What are your student’s personal belongings worth? Use our personal property calculator to get a good idea.

Check out and share our blog post on student renters insurance. And when you’re ready, we’re here with our “buy online” renters insurance program. In just a few moments you can get that important renters insurance for your student, pay online and have your policy delivered right to your inbox!

Watch for our Renters Insurance Summer Sweepstakes coming soon!